Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Shaving Cream Fun!

To go with my "end of year - keep them entertained - but we must also clean, teach, and pack the room" posts here is a short one on the joys of shaving cream. Years ago I was teaching in a small town in southern Rhode Island (I now teach in North Eastern Rhode Island - and yes, to us this is almost like being in another state! To everyone else this would translate to "30 minutes away". hahaha)

Anyhow, a teacher in that building opened my eyes to the cleaning power (and wonderful scent) of shaving cream on school desks. There is some magical ingredient in shaving cream that takes just about everything off tables and desks. Now, I'm not recommending this as an every day activity as it can get messy and does take a big chunk of time, but for the end of the year ( or once a week)  it is perfect! 

The OT in my building also uses it as therapy and has the children write in the shaving cream ~ this is an added educational bonus. :-) 

Here is a picture of the kiddo's that were left that last day. It was fun having such a small group but we missed the other students! Looking in the background- my room is so bare! We have to take everything down every year for cleaning.....
I had to cover their faces but under those bubbles are huge smiles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment