Sunday, August 31, 2014

Student Goal & Data Tracking Journal

Over the last few years I have noticed a shift towards students tracking their own data in order to create goals and track their own progress. I tried it a few different ways with my students last year and found that for their age (2nd graders) it was best to keep it quick and simple. I also found it a bit difficult to keep up with because it wasn't all in the same location.  
This summer I worked on creating a journal the students could fill out on their own. They can also keep all of their results and goals in one place. I think it will be a great journal for them to reflect on at the end of the year.  I also plan on using it during family conferences. I want my students to be motivated learners. Can't wait to see how they work! 
I included pages to track their reading testing, math testing, sight words, monthly goal pages (these include; what I am good at, my goal, how will I achieve my goal, and results) and a page at the end for a year long reflection and goal for the following year.  You can find the journal on my TpT store. Click the image below.

No comments:

Post a Comment