Friday, September 6, 2013

School Is In Session!

Another great year has started! I have a wonderful group of students who are so ready to learn.  They have learned our classroom routines in record time and I feel like they have been in my classroom for weeks!  This year has brought a lot of changes to my district from leadership to curriculum.  It should be an exciting year...

I started a new board this year. The Target dollar spot last year had these french fry containers that immediately made me think of Fry words! I bought them all up and put them in a storage bin until just a few days ago.  I am not 100% sure how I will use them but here is my idea. My students are on various Fry word lists and gain new words at different rates. I have always put their individual words on rings but they tend to get lost in the shuffle.  This year I will test the students, put about 10 words at a time on their ring and they can keep them in their Fry containers.  When they have free time or need their words for center work, they can easily grab them.  We will see how this works! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment