Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bucket Seat Fun!

Pinterest has definitely taken over my world! :) I could spend hours browsing the pages and pinning away. One of my projects this summer was to create bucket seats for my reading table.  Home Depot was wonderful and donated the buckets and covers. I bought the foam at Joanne Fabrics and I had left over fabric from the curtains I made last summer.  I painted the buckets with spray paint made for plastic but if you can get solid colored buckets- and don't have to paint them- do it! The painting was tedious and it has chipped just a bit.  And the total.....drum roll please.....$2 a bucket! Here are a few pictures ...

It might not be pretty but no one will see it anyway. I simply cut the foam in a circle, cut a square of fabric, wrapped it up and stapled it down. 

This cutie is my friend's daughter. She was such a good helper when I was painting. haha :) Notice the Charlotte's Web book in the background... I am never without a book. 

The finished product! I love how they came out. The next step is to organize and store my science materials in them. Great double use! 

No comments:

Post a Comment