Saturday, March 9, 2013

More Snow Means.....

More snow has fallen which means one thing for me lately....I put another product up on my TpT store! I have so many great materials I have made over the years for my classroom and students and I am excited to finally be able to share them.  The third and final week of our Fairy Tales, Myths, and Fables unit was a week of fractured fairy tales. The kids and I love reading them and it gives them the opportunity to do some serious comparing and contrasting practice along with discussing point of view and voice in dialogue.  (all part of the new common core standards for grade 2)  This Fractured Fairy Tale Unit is a blast! We start with reading The Three Little Pigs and the Princess and the Frog.  Then we read Jon Scoeszka's versions, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs and The Frog Prince Continued.  There are so many fun activities to do with this unit. Find it here on my TpT store.  If you want to check out my Fables unit on TpT click here or my fairy tale materials click here.  ( I have more fairy tale materials to upload....just need another snow day) Hope your students enjoy it as much as mine did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment